Saturday, December 08, 2007

Caught Red Handed

Yesterday I was at the nurse's station listening to Christmas music. I'm not such a big fan of the classic religious carols, I prefer non traditional music. "Baby It's Cold Outside" by Dean Martin, "All I Want For Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey, etc.

So there I am rocking out to Eartha Kitt's "Santa Baby", singing along and shaking my booty. I was at the medication cart getting some morphine for a patient, and had my back to the main hallway. I THOUGHT no one was there.

Oh how wrong I was.

I was in the middle of sashaying my ass down the med cart like it was a stripper pole when I heard a cough. I froze. I slowly turned around (still crouched halfway down the cart) with the morphine syringe in one hand and the plastic tube I just popped it out of in the other.

There stood the Chief of Staff for the ER and the CEO of the hospital.

"Having fun?" they asked

"Yes," I whispered.

"Keep it up Julie. It's nice to see someone having fun at work."

I heard their laughter as they exited through the double doors. Oh, the predicaments I get myself into.


3 comments:

The T-Dude said...

Awesome.

My Own Woman said...

Sounds like something I would have done.

Anonymous said...

It is important to enjoy life to its fullest. Doing so when you think no one is looking is most awesome, even if someone really is looking.