Monday, October 19, 2009

Update From The Burg


Well craptastic - it's been a while eh?  I guess my life in the ER has not been interesting enough to provide you all with a story or 2.  Either that or I'm just a lazy piece of work that hasn't had the inclination to log into my blog and share.  I'm going for the second excuse.  

Flu season has hit my little burg.  Not only at work, but at home.  I have 2 sickies home today skipping school.  I heard that 50% of my oldest kiddos class is out of school sick with flu like symptoms.  We also have about 15% of our staff out related to their own or their child's illnesses.  Oh boy - the joys of winter!

I've been spending a lot of time on the internet looking at non medical things - like facebook.  Sometimes you need a break from anything medicine related.  Right now is my Sometime.  

I had someone ask me a while back, "Do you think this is a trauma?" for a patient who was pitched over a motorcycle, into a barbed wire fence, and had 2 long bone fractures, a positive LOC (loss of consciousness for my non medical peeps), and a probable flail chest.   

Um..........


Yeah.


Idiot.


Some people are dumber than a box of rocks. 







No comments: